Evaluation and marks
- This module is assessed via flexible assessment. The final mark will be calculated as a weighted average of
class tests, tutorials, homework, and practical implementations, or any other opportunity as the lecturer sees fit.
- All assessment opportunities are compulsory. If a student misses any assessment opportunity
and has a valid medical certificate, there will be one extra opportunity at the end of the course
which will cover all the work of the whole semester.
If a student misses an assessment opportunity due to any other reason, the student will receive
zero for that opportunity. Note that only 10% of assessment opportunities may be missed, and
if more opportunities are missed, the student receives an incomplete for the course.
- The tutorials count 60%, the project counts 30%, and class participation counts 10%.
- There is a subminimum of 40% for the tutorials and a subminimum of 40% for the project.
- A final mark of at least 50% is required to pass the module.
- No late handins are allowed. Ever. No extensions. Ever.
Familiarise yourself with the general plagiarism policy of the university. In addition,
- All submissions must be accompanied by the standard Computer
Science plagiarism document. If you do not submit a
plagiarism document, you receive zero for that assignment.
- Group work is encouraged. This means that you may discuss a problem, but no code or tutorial solutions may
- All submissions will be pushed through a plagiarism detection system, checking all the
submissions for the assignments, checking the web for existing solutions that were copied,
and checking submissions from previous CS716 year groups.